In this school we will ensure that at every level, in all our work and throughout all aspects of the school community and its life, everyone will be treated equally. This Single Equality Policy summarises the school's approach in ensuring equality for all.
- To ensure that all learners have equal access to a rich, broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To advance equality of opportunity by ensuring that teaching, learning and the curriculum promote equality, celebrate diversity and promote community cohesion by fostering good relations.
- To eliminate any discrimination, harassment and victimisation.
- To ensure that no-one is unfairly or illegally disadvantaged as a consequence of their age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, disability or religious beliefs.
- To recognise and celebrate diversity within our community whilst promoting community cohesion.
- To ensure that pupils and parents are fully involved in the provision made by the school.
- To ensure that within the school budget, adequate funding is provided to underpin this policy and that intervention, positive and preventative action is funded where necessary.
The link below is to the full policy and has the objectives for 2015-16: